Friday, August 19, 2011

Hi, I'm a Mess

Here's where I start putting myself out there. I'm not a garden master mind. I wish I was.
I have "that spot" in my yard. The one area that is constantly out of control. The one area I swear every year I'm going to tame like the wild beast it is.

It's my front yard. Not the front of my house, rather the very edge of the yard that slopes into the road. My neighbors across the street have to stare at this mess every day, and sometimes I think they shame me when I walk out to get the mail. Lucky for me, I don't have to look at it, but I know it's there.

It didn't used to be this bad. In fact, at one point, we planted masses of perennials thinking that they would just fill in and take over. If you look closely you might be able to see one, yes one, black-eye Susan that remains. We were so naive.

This is a project that I just can't handle on my own. It might be time to admit defeat and call in professional help. But, first I'd like to you know what you think. What would you do if this was your mess? Share your thoughts. The person with the best idea gets to come over and help me!




























1 comment:

Sheri M. said...

Do you want the "privacy shield"? Otherwise, pull it all out and start clean!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...